Locks are one of the best ways to keep your possessions safe. For ease of use, the Picking Locks skill is level based, and therefore creating locks is also level based. You must have a higher level of Picking than the level of lock to be successful. But it isn't always that simple. Locks were meant to keep people out, after all.
- Pick lock desired, note Base Cost.
- If you wish to add Special Properties that have a cost of ADDING Creation Points, add these points FIRST to the Base Cost of the lock.
- If you wish to add Special Properties that have a cost of MULTIPLYING the Cost, ADD all your multipliers together, then multiply by the total cost listed in the step above.
|1||Combination||Multiply by two (X2)|
|2||Self Re-locking||Add two Creation points (+2)|
|3||Exploding||Multiply By two (X2)|
|4||Booby Trapped||Add Five creation points (+5)|
|5||Unshatterable||Multiply by two (X2)|
|6||Resist Shattering||Add Five Creation Points (+5)|
|7||Alarmed||Multiply By one and a half (X1.5) round up|
|8||Time Delayed||Multiply By three (X3)|
|9||Expiration||Multiply By two (X2)|
|10||Extra slots||Multiply By two (X2)|
|11||Unpickable||Multiply By three (X3)|
- Combination – A combination lock of some kind rather than a key-based lock may be used for the physical representation.
- Self Resetting — The lock may relock itself automatically when closed or after a certain duration of time, up to 5 minutes, based on the description.
- Exploding – Any attempt at picking the lock causes it to explode, 20 points of Arcane Damage, 5 foot radius. This destroys the lock. Damage may be added by multiple purchases of this property, but the radius remains the same.
- Booby Trapped – Any attempt to manipulate the lock (except by the creator of it, or someone versed in specific usage) will trigger a trap attached to the lock. This includes anyone modifying the combination (if applicable), using the proper key, or attempting to pick it. The trap must be provided seperately with the creation of this lock when choosing this property. The trap is consumed once triggered, unless it is a resettable trap. This property may be combined with the Self Resetting property of a lock.
- Unshatterable – The lock in it's entirety is unaffected by any Shatter or Destroy effects.
- Resist Shatter – The lock may resist any Shatter or Destroy effects. This may be purchased multiple times.
- Alarmed – Any attempt at using the Pick Lock may cause the trap to trigger an Alarm. By default, this may be a noise based alarm, or a different trap may be provided at no cost when creating this lock. The trap (if a non-noise one is used) is consumed when triggered, unless it is Resettable. This property may be combined with the Self Resetting property of a lock.
- Time Delayed – This can put a 15 minute delay on any triggered effects on the lock, including Exploding, Booby Trapped, and Alarmed.
- Expiration – All locks have a duration of 3 days or until used unless an expiration is used when created. For every usage of expiration used the lock will be raised to the next level beyond what the original description states in the following order one year ~ two years ~ four years ~ so on…so on….so on….
- Extra Slots – unless otherwise stated in the lock description, a lock upon creation may only have one of the special lock properties list active upon that lock. Extra slots are required to add any effect from this previous list once for every time the extra slot price is paid. The extra slot effect does not ever need an extra slot for itself.
- Unpickable – The lock with this addition may not be picked. Attempts to pick it may still trigger other effects.