Poisons (also referred to as Elixirs) are very similar to potions. The one main distinction is that anyone can use a potion while only individuals who can make poisons or have the alchemy craft skill are able to use poisons. Poisons are created using the Mixing skill and the following steps:
- Pick poison desired, note Base Cost (or Spell Level)
- If you wish to add Special Properties that have a cost of ADDING Creation Points, add these points FIRST to the Base Cost of the Poison
- If you wish to add Special Properties that have a cost of MULTIPLYING the Cost, ADD all your multipliers together, then multiply by the total cost listed in the step above.
|1||Staged||Multiply by two (X2)|
|2||Delayed Activation||Add two Creation points (+2)|
|3||Combative||Multiply By two (X2)|
|4||Booby Trapped||Add Five creation points (+5)|
|5||Unshatterable||Multiply by two (X2)|
|6||Verses ~type Creature~||Add Five Creation Points (+5)|
|7||Multiple usage||Multiply By one and a half (X1.5) round up|
|8||Duration||Multiply By two (X2)|
|9||Expiration||Multiply By two (X2)|
|10||Extra slots||Multiply By Two (X2)|
- STAGED – When staged the creator of the poison decides which effect will go become active and in which order. Any effect that would prevent the use of a potion/poison and then be expended would only be effective verse the first effect staged when consuming the potion/poison
- DELAYED ACTIVATION – All potion/poison are active unless otherwise stated from the moment of contact or ingestion depending upon how the potion/poison becomes active. A delayed activation will not become active until one minute after the character has imbued or been effected by the potion/poison.
- COMBATIVE – All potion/poison are activated by ingestion for activation unless made combative. Any combative potion/poison may be thrown for the intended effect of the potion with the call “~POTION/POISON NAME~ COMBATIVE”.
- BOOBY TRAPPED – This effect will cause an effectable creature to become nauseated (as per nausea spell) upon identification and If Imbued will cause 5 points of damage per level of potion/poison to the creature. A booby trapped potion/poison can be used without the effect of the booby trap being activated by pouring the top portion of the potion/poison off before imbusing the potion/poison ( 3 Count ), which will rend a non booby trapped potion/poison ineffective.
- UNSHATTERABLE – this will make a potion/poison and immune to the effect of any shattering or destroy based effect.
- VERSES ~creature TYPE~ -- This effect will allow a potion/poison to only be effective verses the creature type chosen upon the potion/poison creation.
- MULTIPLE USAGES – All potion/poison must have a single physical representation unless multiple usages are used in the potion/poison creation.
- DURATION – This effect will that the potion/poison is effective for one step increase in the following order second ~ Minutes ~ Hours ~ Days ~ Months ~ Years ~ Decades
- EXPIRATION – All potion/poison have a duration of 3 days or until used unless an expiration is used when created. For every usage of expiration used the potion/poison will be raised to the next level beyond what the original description states in the following order - one year ~ two years ~ four years ~ so on…so on….so on….
- EXTRA SLOTS – unless otherwise stated in the potion/poison description, a potion/poison upon creation may only have one of the special potion/poison properties list active upon that potion/poison. Extra slots are required to add any effect from this previous list once for every time the extra slot price is paid. The extra slot effect does not ever need an extra slot for itself.